Which of my services would you be interested in?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beginnings

Coming to  the end of a season and beginning a new one is scary and exciting.  I am excited to see where this idea of "Mama's Extra Hand" (my new business I just started) takes me. I have so many wonderful ideas for helping mom's and families.  Being a mother of 6 myself, with 4 out of the house and 2 at home, have homeschooled for 15 years and been married for 25 years gives me a lot to work with.  I have been in a season of change for the last 5 years trying to figure out "what I want to be when I grow up".  I was working through my feelings of being "needed" by my children when they were young and now being there as a support and presence. They need me in a very different way now but no less important.  Learning to listen more and talk less. And to that I have come up with "Mama's Extra Hand".  It is a service business to help moms in need. When I was raising small children and even now, it would have been great to have someone to come along side of me and help with the overwhelming tasks at hand.  Sometimes just knowing where to start and having someone to bounce ideas off of was great.  I have a wide and varied skill set that I would love to share with you. Among all of this my passion is to teach, learn and share.  This business that I am starting is in its morphing stage.

  My business is 3 part:

classes/workshops for women in homemaking: topics such as cooking healthy, preserving food, once a month cooking (or 1 or 2 weeks worth of meals), home made mixes for kitchen, other topics could include areas in child rearing such as setting up and implementing chore charts, learning styles, personality types, taking care of your child's heart (are they open or closed toward you?) and others.

Classes/workshops for children 
These will include classes on sign language (I am an interpreter for the deaf), children's games around the world, camping, the abacus, cooking, sewing and origami to name a few.


Services for Moms
These include but are not limited to : organizing, decluttering, problem solving/brain storming, menu planning, mending, ironing, sewing, help with homeschooling( ex: grading work), juvenile birthday parties, "Mystery Dinners"*,  and just general help. 
 
* A "Mystery Dinner" is a 4 course meal such that there are guests that get a menu with 16 to 20 items on it.  Each item is named something else. Items will include all utensils, napkin, toothpick, water, coffee, dessert, entree', main dish, vegetable, appetizer, drink, bread and salad or soup.    The guest must choose each item once and put them into one of 4 categories which will be the 4 courses. Because everyone makes different choices on where to put each item they will get different items than someone else in that course.  It is a unique and hilariously fun way to have a dinner party.  Let the Mystery Begin!
  I am in the Salem,OR area and would LOVE to help you.   Contact me and let's see what we can accomplish! Go ahead and leave me a comment. Just click on the blue word comment and the box will pop up to write in.  Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment